With the Royal Commission Final Report a week away, and a new year stretching ahead of us, it’s time for all market professionals to decide what they stand for, and call out bad behaviour that affects everyone.
Tag Archives | buffett
Warren Buffett’s latest letter to shareholders gives his definition of ‘risk’ and makes surprising points about holding bonds versus shares which will delight equity investors and managers.
Warren Buffett talks about the GFC: “Closer to financial meltdown than any time I’ve seen … More panic than in the Great Depression.”
The efficient market hypothesis is 90% true, and you will lose money by ignoring it. However, judging by Warren Buffett’s fortunes, a few skilled searchers might find rewards in the remaining 10% worth chasing.
Which of Warren Buffett’s technical or personality characteristics could you genuinely incorporate into your investment decision-making process, given your unique blend of investment skills and behavioural traits?
How is Buffett anything like a 60-year-old retiree who either cannot or does not want to work full-time anymore? Despite what the books say, you can’t ‘invest like Buffett’ and focus on preservation of capital in retirement.